News from the summit
Cascade Lakes and Bogus Basin hillclimbs have been cancelled this year.
Please remember you need to be an NHA member before you sign up for any hills. NHA membership is what helps keep the hills open for all of us to enjoy.
Bible Creek has suffered a washout of a turn and won't be on our calendar this year. An additional running of Maryhill will take the place of the canceled Bible Creek event. Classing criteria is changing. One may not necessarily run the same class this year, which they have in the past. The new classing is available under the Rules tab.
Larison Rock is holding their 30th annual event this year and it may be your last chance to run a really fun hill. If you've been thinking about going now is the time to get the car ready!
During Friday night registration of your first 2017 NHA hill climb event, you will be given your 2 (two) NHA race car stickers. One placed on each side of your car, are required for each hill climb.
Check out the 2016 annual meeting notes for important information regarding the 2017 season.
- Membership cost is $10.00 for Jan 1 through Dec 31 of each year and is not prorated through out the year. We encourage early registration prior to race season to save you time and keep registration fluid at events. Please click the link below, fill out the form and mail form and send a $10.00 check to the address provided on the form
- You won’t leave the starting line if you’re not a member.
- You won’t leave the starting line if don't have your dated NHA sticker placed on both sides of your car.
- NHA Insurance dictates no consumption of alcohol in any area insured by NHA at hillclimb event site.
- Non-insured and non-registered race cars are only allowed on roadway to access the hillclimb course during their run group.
Cascade Lakes Hillclimb | Cancelled
Freezeout Hillclimb | June 24-25 | Emmett, ID
- King and Queen | Stefan Denham and Brenda Kipperman
Larison Rock Hillclimb | July 1-2 | Oakridge, OR
- King and Queen | Dave Kipperman and Jennifer Ocker
- Class Records
- Under 2 minute club
Hoopa Hillclimb | July 22-23 | California Coast
- King and Queen | Robert Rousseau and Brenda Kipperman
- Class Records
Bible Creek | Cancelled
alternate - Maryhill Hillclimb | Aug 5-6 | Goldendale, WA
- King and Queen | Carl Marcum and Jennifer Ocker
- 2016 Class Records
Bogus Basin Hillclimb | Cancelled
Maryhill Hillclimb | Sept 16-17 | Goldendale, WA
- Online entry
- Mail in Entry Form
- Class Records
class competitors: Please read the updated rules. NHA is following
the SCCA changes in tires for these classes. More can be found on the rules
What’s Your Life And Well-Being Worth?
This will be pretty direct. Hill climbs, like many motorsports
events, entail risk. You sign a waiver, and you’re basically on your
own. Even if you don’t drive beyond your abilities, such as mechanical
failures, like broken axles, can happen. In an instant, you can change
from a driver into a “passenger,” with no control over where you might
Many organizations, such as SCCA and CACC, are requiring a HANS or a like device of a different manufacturer, for motorsports events. My personal opinion is that it will be only a matter of time that NHA requires these devices as well.
Yes, we’re talking about a $600 plus expense. But, what if you went off course and sustained serious injuries, which might have been prevented by using a neck restraint device? Do you want to play with your kids/grandkids from a wheelchair? Or worse? Not if you can help it. In reality, this is pretty cheap insurance.
Do you buy a “Starbucks” at the drive through every day? Kick that habit, prepare your coffee in a thermos, and you can probably save enough in less than a year, to buy the device of your choice.
We have been lucky so far.